Still stuck with practicing old techniques of digital marketing? And not getting the desired results that you are expecting from Digital marketing?
If yes, then this article will surely give you some live examples of how you can use some of the latest developments in the industry. It will help you focus on what all can get you better results while promoting your business online.
There are 5 main factors that are driving the evolution of Digital Marketing in today’s world
- Latest technology
- Storytelling and explanations
- First to create content on the topic
- The increasing dominance of video ads.
- Mobile Focused Digital Marketing
The above-mentioned factors to promote business will make your customers fall in love with it. Changing technology is also changing the way marketers use to strategize and measure earlier effectively, this change is actually helping the marketers to become more smart and skillful. It is also helping in making digital marketing operations smoother and more productive. This advancement in technology ensures that you know more about audience, behavior, and preferences to be able to run campaigns that are extremely personalized to every customer.
Now let’s first look at some of the ways in which brands are using technology to enhance their Digital Marketing efforts:
1. Latest technology
Artificial Intelligence and Chatbots
Artificial Intelligence(AI) as we all know is intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence (NI) displayed by humans and other animals. In computer science, AI research is defined as the study of “intelligent agents”. And Chatbots are the best examples for AI, A chatbot (also known as a talkbot, chatterbot, Bot, IM bot, interactive agent, or Artificial Conversational Entity) is a computer program or an artificial intelligence which conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods.
Spotify’s Facebook Messenger bot makes it easy for its customers to search for, listen to, and share music. Once you get started, you’ll get playlist recommendations based on your mood, what’s your doing, or any genre of music you want.
Mastercard’s Facebook Messenger bot makes it easy for customers to check on account transactions (e.g., just ask “how much did I spend on restaurants in May?”). With Masterpass, customers can also now buy from Mastercard partners like FreshDirect, Subway, and the Cheesecake Factory.
The Wall Street Journal chatbot makes it easy to stay on top of big news and stock quotes with Facebook Messenger. You can also customize alerts. Simply type in some commands and you can get company information and key financial metrics, compare companies, and get live stock quotes.
Pizza Hut customers can easily order pizza for delivery or carryout from Facebook Messenger or Twitter. Customers can also reorder their favorite pizzas, ask questions, and see current deals.
Brands are making use of Facebook Messenger and Slack to develop their own customized bots for improving their service standards. Once it was all about social media as a channel for customer service. Now its time will see Chatbots dominating the space.
Now let us go through some of the benefits that chatbots provide:
- Available 24*7Handling Customers
- Helps you Save Money
- Provides 100% satisfaction to customers
- Automation of repetitive work
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Virtual reality (VR) is an artificial, computer-generated simulation or recreation of a real-life environment or situation. It immerses the user by making them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality firsthand, primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing. While Augmented reality (AR) is a technology that layers computer-generated enhancements atop an existing reality in order to make it more meaningful through the ability to interact with it. AR is developed into apps and used on mobile devices to blend digital components into the real world in such a way that they enhance one another, but can also be told apart easily.
Benefits of Augmented and Virtual Reality in Business:
- AR embedded apps and devices can be used to provide high tech training to the employees to increase productivity.
- Entrepreneurs can give a vivid and visual interpretation of their products and services to the clients.
- Companies can display relevant data of their products in real time to the interested parties.
- 3D vision of the products to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty thereby increasing the company’s profit.
- Useful for branding and aggressive marketing for e-commerce companies.
- Companies can promote their product or service by a proper blend of photography and technology
- Manufacturers can showcase their goods in virtual showrooms without any use of physical space.
Automation along with predictive analytics makes your digital marketing campaigns super-productive.
The technology helps you to segment your audience on the basis of their demographics, behavior, and preferences. You can know more about them and create customized campaigns. The additional advantage is these campaigns can be fully automated according to preset triggers and customer actions.
There are a ton of benefits to automating your marketing strategy, some are:
- Marketing Automation saves us several hours of work every single we.
- Help us close sales faster and identify leads more effectively.
- Automation made all the difference in finding stronger leads and pulling them more efficiently through the top of the funnel into the salesman’s hands.
- Helps you get more qualified leads.
2. Storytelling and explanations
Most businesses are now creating tons of content to promote their business. Formats such as online videos and interactive contests quizzes and polls will give you a tremendous opportunity to create some remarkable content. Online Influencers, on the other hand, are playing a big role as creators of culture. If brands can collaborate with them to propagate their ideas then they are bound to gain tremendously.
Video marketing can be used for everything from building customer rapport, to promoting your brand, services or products. Your brand creates videos that, in some way or another, promote your company, drive sales, raise awareness of your products or services, or engage your customers.
Benefits of Video Marketing
- Video helps you connect with your audience.
- A video is an SEO gold mine, helping build backlinks to your site, boosting likes and shares (which can affect search rankings), and driving traffic to your site.
- Videos boost information retention.
Interactive Content Marketing
interactive content marketing is a way to engage your customers by producing content that allows them to actually do something. If you’re not yet using this type of content marketing, then it’s time to jump on the bandwagon. Interactive content marketing may not be for everyone. But, if you can swing it, then it’s worth giving it a try. Most people like to do something active and engaging, even if it’s just with their mouse or touchscreen. Best of all, we know it works.
Let’s look at the special benefits of interactive content marketing:
- 1. Increases Active Engagement
- 4. Remarketing
- 5. More Clicks and Conversions
3. First to create content on the topic
Digital marketing is fairly dynamic and if you need to get more from it, you must hack the latest trends.
For example, earlier, businesses used to get a very reasonable amount of organic reach on their Facebook page posts. In today’s times, if you are not running a paid campaign on Facebook, you would practically have no reach on your posts. Similarly, ‘live streaming’ on Facebook and Twitter are big now and so are temporary content features such as ‘Stories’ on Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and now Whatsapp.
4. The increasing dominance of video ads.
Though video advertisements are certainly nothing new for social media giants like YouTube and Facebook, the news of Google entering the fray with in-SERP video advertising will change the whole spectrum of online advertisement. This also suggests the increasing acceptance of video ads among users and, as the trend continues, we may expect different types of video ads popping up on our screens very soon.
5. Mobile Focused Digital Marketing
In the year 2016 Google announced the mobile first index which means Google will create and rank its search listings based on the mobile version of the content, even for listings that are shown to desktop users. This move came in because most internet users are perpetually on their mobile phones.
How does that benefit your digital marketing?
1. Make sure your website is mobile friendly and loads faster than three seconds.
2. A mobile audience is more akin to watching video content. So, creating videos can surely help you more in a mobile-first world.
3. You’ll find yourself getting better results from the mobile device while optimizing your campaign.
4. You can utilize user location to create innovative and contextual campaigns for your business.
5. Use live streaming to build deeper relationships with a mobile audience.
There are many digital marketing trends and strategies need to be changed to remain at the focus of user attention and search engines. Keep your eyes open and follow the best digital marketing practices that will keep you ahead of the best innovative curve nowadays.
So what your views for 2018? Share your thoughts about digital marketing trends for the coming year in the comments section below.